dealing the cards like a meditation

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

This covers me: knight of swords (reversed)
This crosses me: 5 of wands
This is beneath me: king of swords
This is behind me: knight of cups
This crowns me: 6 of cups
This is before me: knight of pentacles
My fears: 6 of swords
What others think: the empress (reversed)
My hopes: 3 of cups (reversed)
The final outcome: 10 of cups (reversed)

Lots of knights all over the place (except the knight of wands, but I can't make heads or tails of it) Apparently, knights can mean the coming or going of a matter. The other thing that impressed me was the sign of betrayal (10 of cups reversed) Given the current situation in my life, though, I can't really make sense of where this betrayal will be coming from. How can you be betrayed if you have no expectations? Sure, as I remarked in the last reading, the idea of deception makes perfect sense, but I'm not the one being deceived or betrayed. Given the content of one of the conversations I had yesterday, perhaps the concept of betrayal reflects a particular person in my life who, unfortunately, despite the fact that we are now pretty good friends, will always embody the idea of betrayal for me. Such is life. Then, I suppose, there is the possibility that it is not I who shall be betrayed, but that I will be a traitor. Which, actually, also makes sense, in a solipsistic fashion. (Yes, perhaps I merely overvalue what I have to offer.)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?